Saturday, October 26, 2013

Book Cover Blues

TFA's friend did this one (#1) for us, and while I thought the image was too vague, TFA liked the colors.

















Then The Famous Author decided book two needed a funny cover because so many of his reviews on Goodreads mention laughing at me -- Austin. TFA ran a contest on 99 design and came up with #2.




















Then the Down and Out Book artist used the funny theme in three different cover patterns (#3)





































#5




















This morning, TFA and I are very confused. Shouldn't (like Eric said last month) all the covers of series have a similar look to them. Do any of the above look like BIG NUMBERS?






TFA and I have the book cover blues. All comments, ideas, encouragements would be appreciated in comments.



8 comments:

Dru said...

If it's a series, then the covers should be similar.

Les Edgerton said...

Of these, I'd vote for #5...

Jack Getze said...

Les and Dru: At least the colors are similar in #5, right?

Austin said...

Its a question of fonts.

Dru said...

I like the concept of #1, but it took me forever to figure out what the cover was about.

#5 comes the closest to your color scheme.

Les Edgerton said...

I'm looking at how they'd look as a thumbnail and I think #3 and #4 might tend to "disappear" when that small. It's the colors. I think #5 keeps its clarity no matter what size.

KATE PILARCIK said...

What Dru drew upon -- if a series afloat stay with the tide so your readership knows where to come aboard.

And MONEY, honey?
Ya gots to flash the Green.

After that, my two cents of sense, you're on your own Austin baby. I gots to go watch NFL wk#8.

~ Fan and fanfare,
~ Absolutely*Kate

Jack Getze said...

Thanks for the comments, Dru, Les, and Kate. You guys are nice for taking the time. Preesh.