Sunday, August 4, 2013

Luckily, Hank Phillippi Ryan is Not a Redhead


So The Famous Author (TFA) took me to that Deadly Ink Mystery Conference this weekend. I'm sure TFA had a great time meeting all the authors, listening to the exciting panels and speakers. Me, a stockbroker, I didn't do much but listen to Hank Phillippi Ryan.

If you don't know Hank (She told me her real name is Harriet), you are definitely NOT a big mystery fan. An investigative reporter for Boston's NBC affiliate by day, Hank is one of Mysterydom's biggest stars, the best-selling author of five mystery novels, winner of the Agatha, Anthony, Macavity, and Mary Higgins Clark awards.

TFA bought me a paperback of last year's best seller by Hank, THE OTHER WOMAN, and I'm going to get started as soon as I finish writing this blog. The new one, THE WRONG GIRL comes out next month, but you can put your name on the list for one now. You can read more about these two books, Hank's other novels, and her career on Hank's website.

Skip the literature. I'd rather talk about Hank. She is very pretty. She's also smart, elegant, stylish, and undeniably in charge of us assembled masses. She saw me listening, peeking out of TFA's briefcase at her, so she came over later to shake my hand, tell me I was a funny guy. Luckily, Hank is not a redhead. I did not fall in love.

Barely.

No comments: