Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tales of Revenge

Thanks to an ungrateful (or just thoughtless) writer, The Famous Author got his editor's dander up a few months ago, complained to his boss Sandra Ruttan, and Spinetingler Magazine's "Pay the Bitch Back" contest was born. Spinetingler readers were invited to write a short story of less than 5,000 words about revenge.

Man, did those boys and girls get into it! Revenge seems to be a common gene running through all human blood.Go check out Spinetingler's contest winners and three honorable mentions, among them Patricia Abbott, Stephen D. Rogers, and Copper Smith. Some really great fast fiction.

I know why the guy who owned the car cheated on her, do you?
(She can't spell.)

6 comments:

sandra seamans said...

Wasn't that less than 1500 words?

Austin Carr said...

I make many mistakes, Mr. Marlowe.

sandra seamans said...

Yep, so do I. The only reason I remembered was I was writing a story for the contest and went over the word count.

Marshall-Stacks said...

... of course she can spell. A 'barstard' is a lying cheating creep who spends more time in bars than at home. You should have known that one.
Being divorced, I could write 150,000 words on my Revenges.

I came here with An American Redhead Alert via my pal, the wonderful talented lovely photo-journalist Jez Coulson. I am sure he will let you use his photo if you just link back - he's a total sweetheart.

Ann O'Dyne said...

"While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." - Mark Twain

Austin Carr said...

Barstard is a word in Australia, is it? Oh well, then. You're right, I should have known.

How about Barstarp?