Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sick Characters

So The Famous Author's various agents are hard at work, he says, but I'm beginning to worry about my future. Let's face it, most series characters die after a few novels. The old days of giving characters half a dozen episodes to build an audience are over. The competition's too tough. Hundreds of new titles are published every month, and that's just crime fiction.

But I think what really worries me is the shear number of fascinating books. I mean, why would anybody pick TFA's tales about a stockbroker with such examples of pure entertainment out there -- these first two books are out-selling BIG MONEY and BIG NUMBERS, like, ten to one:


The subtitle on this second one is Manage the Cognitive Challenges of Multiple Sclerosis.


It's depressing, right? And this third book ... it's out-selling us without even being published yet.
Looks kind of interesting though, doesn't it?

No comments: