Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who's Got It Better?

Who's got it better than Marcus Sakey, the rock star of crime fiction?

His first novel, THE BLADE ITSELF, was featured on CBS Sunday Morning and National Public Radio, chosen a New York Times Editor's Pick, and one of Esquire Magazine's "Top 5 Reads of 2007."

Ben Affleck's production company has bought film rights for Miramax.

The Chicago Tribune called his second novel, AT THE CITY'S EDGE, "nothing short of brilliant."

His third, GOOD PEOPLE, came out this August to wide critical acclaim, with movie rights selling to Tobey Maguire.

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy stars in a movie pretty soon. He's good looking, plus he's got some kind of animal magnetism. The Famous Author and I saw him holding court at a St. Martin's party we snuck into once, and a small gaggle of young women seem to follow him at every mystery convention. He usually dresses in black. I mean, the man is a walking, talking Crime Fiction Star.

Gosh, TFA must be jealous.

I think it was this online review of Marcus's latest book, by Gloria Feit, that really got him:

"My stomach muscles clenched as the run-up proceeds to the inevitable confrontation.

"The pages are filled with nerve-tingling suspense.

"I found myself torn between being unable to stop reading, mingled with anxiety at what would happen on the next page. Ultimately, it was no contest: I could not put this book down."

Man, who's got it better than Marcus?

Click on the headline, Who's Got It Better? for Marcus's website.

1 comment:

Marcus Sakey said...

Too bad he's a no-talent hack.