Saturday, March 8, 2008

So We Walked Into The Room...

Trying to pass some time yesterday afternoon, The Famous Author dragged me into a back room at Left Coast Crime and we sat in the audience to hear two teams battle in a mystery trivia contest. I didn't want to go, but I'm kind stuck with TFA, as he won't let me leave the computer case.

Anyway, the event seemed lightly attended, and even one of the teams didn't show. Guess who got picked from the audience to constitute a new team? Right. TFA. He got teamed with a very nice policeman from Chicago named Mike Black, who as it turns out, is the genius mystery trivia player of all time. Wow. Mike knew everything.

I mean, TFA knew which six colors are represented by player markers in a game of clue. Red, white, blue, green, yellow, and purple. He helped a little. But Mike knew things like, who is Rockford's scummy sidekick (Angel), and a dozen other questions from TV, Movie, and book mysteries.

Mike and TFA are now in the semi-finals. I hope Mike got a goodnight's sleep. We're on at 9:45 am.

No comments: